For Alicia with Love
- 2 C. sweet corn kernels (canned is fine)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (or you substitute a can of diced tomatoes; however, there’s just no excuse for using canned tomatoes in the summer!)
- ½ avocado, cubed (Except if your kids really love avocado. Right, Alicia?)
- ¼ C. diced red onion, if desired
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (Or you may substitute a milder pepper, such as serrano)
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- ¼ C. chopped cilantro (because you can never have too much cilantro)
Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive serving bowl; toss lightly. Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving to blend flavors.
Serve with lots of your favorite tortilla chips. (We like the little scoopy ones.)
Image from GiantEagle.com.