Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Crock-Pot Chicken Indonesian

In honor of Barbara's Crock Pot Festival, I have dug out one of my favorite Fall entrĂ©es: this crock pot dish that came with one of Leanne Ely’s Saving Dinner menu mailers.

It was one of her “recipe raves”, for good reason. I make this dish often, especially on school nights when I need supper to be fast & easy. How about you, friend? Do you like supper to be fast & easy on a school night?

Then this crock pot recipe is your friend.

I like cooking with chicken thighs now & then; they’re moist, meaty and a pleasant change from the ubiquitous boneless, skinless breast.

Trust me, this dish is delicious. Thank you, LeAnn! And thank you, Barbara, for hosting!
  • 12 skinless chicken thighs
  • 3 T. soy sauce
  • 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 ½ T. grated fresh ginger root
  • 3 tsp. sesame oil
  • ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1/3 C. peanut butter
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and cayenne. Place your chicken in the crockpot and spoon sauce over the top of it. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or until chicken is tender and fully cooked. Remove chicken from the crock pot and stir peanut butter into the juices until smooth. Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.

Serve with rice and a side of veggies.

3 comments:

Christine said...

This looks delicious and I am always looking for yummy crock pot recipes that my kids will eat.

Anonymous said...

oh yum. this looks delish. will try it later in the week.

Anonymous said...

This has become a new hit in our family (8 out of 10 approve - not a bad rating!) I've made it twice already and an adult daughter has asked for the recipe.