Makes one 9 1/2-inch pie
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1/2 recipe Pie Dough
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 4 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate (such as Ghirardelli 60% cacao), chopped
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, vanilla and almond extracts to combine. Add the sugar, mix until incorporated. Add corn syrups, and mix until thoroughly combined. Using a rubber spatula, stir in pecans and chocolate.
3. Pour filling into prepared pie shell, and bake until filling is set, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack at least 20 minutes before serving.
Note: Recipe courtesy of Tom Ribando and Martha Stewart Living