Tuesday, November 14, 2006

PlayDough!


Not exactly something you'd serve for tea, but one of my most-used recipes!



3 C. cold water
1 1/2 C. salt
1/4 C. oil
3 C. flour
2 T. cream of tartar
1 T. vanilla
food coloring and (if you really want it to smell yummy) a couple of packets of Kool-Aid

Place liquid ingredients in a large pan. Quickly add dry ingredients. Heat on low. Stir constantly until dough pulls away from sides of pan. Cool. Add food coloring.

You're good to go! Store in a tightly sealed container or baggie.

4 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

This is one of my favorite activities, but we haven't done it in years! Thank you so much for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Margaret, thank you for this! I need to make homemade for my youngest who's intolerant of Play-Do. These cold rainy days, this will be just the ticket. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you, we tried this recipe and we loved it! We made purple, pink (the girls) and blue for Nicholas. I have a really good recipe, but this one smells so good from the vanilla!! I take it out now almost every night around 5pm! Thanks!

Jamie Jo said...

Coming back to my (your) trusty recipe for some winter fun inside!